Follow the NRG Corporate Wellness social media network
NRG Corporate Wellness was instrumental in building Humana's wellness program at their Miramar location. Humana was awarded #1 in 2016 and 2017 South Florida Business Journal's Healthiest Large Company category.
NRG CORPORATE WELLNESS CREATES & SUSTAINS A HEALTHY WORK CULTURE,
FOCUSING ON EMPLOYEES’ WELL-BEING AS CORE COMPANY VALUE.
NRG Corporate Wellness develops wellness programs for small, mid-sized and large companies, creating an environment focusing on prevention and wellness. NRG Corporate Wellness also works with companies who already have an existing program to ensure it is securing maximum benefits for its associates.
THE NRG PHILOSOPHY
- Secure and maintain engagement, support, incentives, fitness and nutrition in order to transform unhealthy lifestyles and behaviors into a workforce that is healthy, fit and productive.
- Improve lives and inspire people by promoting long-term engagement and healthy lifestyles with well-crafted, properly executed wellness programs.
- Empower the human element to motivate and incentivize your employees.
COMPONENTS OF A WELLNESS PROGRAM
One of the most effective means to achieve stable or lower healthcare costs is to focus on employee prevention and wellness.
Corporate wellness program success depends on three factors:
HOW DOES A SUCCESSFUL CORPORATE WELLNESS PROGRAM WORK?
The Seven Pillars of an Effective Workplace Wellness Program:
1. Multi-level Leadership
The first step is getting the top executives to support the program. NRG organizes and coordinates an executive committee to achieve such support.
The wellness program must become a central goal of your company’s identity and aspirations. We must not forget culture shifts take time and patience.
3. Scope, Relevance, and Quality
NRG designs programs that are comprehensive and engaging, which increases employee participation and enthusiasm.
THE VALUE OF ENGAGEMENT TO YOUR COMPANY
There is ample evidence that a properly executed wellness program results in significant health related cost savings, including reduced pain and injury resulting in improved work productivity and less absenteeism.
Additional outcomes include, participants in wellness programs are absent less often and perform better at work than their non-participant counterparts.
Wellness programs also affect employee morale helping them to gain pride, trust, and a sense of commitment, all contributing to a vigorous organization.
This makes for an impressive ROI.
WELLNESS PROGRAM SUCCESS STORIES AND ROI FACTOIDS
- A Gallup poll estimates that 86% of employees are above their normal weight. They miss an estimated 450 million extra days of work per year compared to healthy workers, which costs American businesses $150 - $225 billion in lost productivity.
- Since 1995, Johnson & Johnson has been implementing a wellness program and leaders estimate that wellness programs have cumulatively saved the company $250,000,000 on health care costs over the past decade. From 2002 to 2008, the return was $ 2.71 for every $1 spent. (Harvard Business Review, December 2010: study by Berry, Mirabito and Baun)
- Citi Bank's comprehensive health management program demonstrates that for every $1 invested, $4.56 to $4.73 is saved in reduced health care costs. (The Incentive Research Foundation)
- In 13 years, Duncan Aviation has eliminated 60% of identified employee health risks. While the health insurance costs of neighboring companies have been increasing by 18% to 40% over the past several years, Duncan's costs have increased only 7% to 14%, even though its health plans are more comprehensive than those of neighboring firms. (Salus, Inc.)